[Tweeters] MALE HOODED WARBLER, Skamania County

Wilson Cady gorgebirds at juno.com
Thu Jul 4 16:55:12 PDT 2013

When I saw that Dave Hayden and Sherry found a singing male Hooded Warbler while hiking the Cape Horn trail (Upper Trail) in Skamania County, I had to head over there immediately as it is only about three miles from our house.

http://www.capehorntrail.org/trailmap.html When I got there I met Dave and Sherry Hayden coming down the trail. I saw the bird at 2:30pm and shortly after that Keith Brady and Bob Morse showed up and we watched it for a while. It sang almost continuously and was fairly easy to spot as it is very active, after about a half an hour it stopped calling and we headed back down to the parking lot. When Keith and I were about a hundred yards from the parking lot we heard it singing in that area near the creek. Wilson Cady
Columbia River Gorge, WA