[Tweeters] Non-birding: ST Weasel road-killed specimen

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 3 21:52:34 PDT 2013

Tweeters:

Although I know we are supposed to be posting solely about birds,
just the same I thought I'd let all know that I just found a freshly
road-killed Short-tailed Weasel (Mustela erminea) along 84th Street
NE, in n. Lake Stevens, not even one quarter mile from our house.
It was dead but in near-perfect condition, so if anyone is interested
in it as a study skin or for a collection/museum, please advise ASAP
because this one won't last. It's on ice but not for long. I've seen
several over the years, but always living animals.

If interested contact me on the email below not later than tomorrow
at 10 a.m. You will have to drive north to collect.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com