[Tweeters] Anna's Hummingbird Gathering Cattail "Fluff"

Vincent Lucas vincentlucas5 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:47:50 PST 2013

Today, 02/26/13, at the Kitchen-Dick Ponds in Sequim, Clallam Co., I
observed an Anna's hummingbird gathering the "fluff" from the [female]
brown head of a cattail, presumably, to line its nest. The bird would
"poke" the cattail head until the white fluff would become "gatherable", if
that's a word. Then the hummingbird would take a bunch of fluff in its bill
and fly to where it was building a nest. I tried to follow it to see where
exactly this was, but I couldn't locate the site. Still, a cool experience
to watch . . .

--
Vincent Lucas
Sequim, WA