[Tweeters] Renton residents trying to solve mystery of disappearing birds

Nina Bohn ninabohn at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 18:49:13 PST 2013

I live just next to the Rolling Hills neighborhood, maybe 2 blocks, and I can tell you that I have no less than 3 Cooper's hawks of differing ages and genders plus an occasional Sharp-shinned Hawk male that come by daily. I have to say it was very helpful at the beginning of the season when the Pine Siskins invaded. My regular birds still occur daily (stats base on a comparison of this years and last years daily feederwatch data.) I did see a big female Coopers hawk take a starling the other day. It was great.

-Nina Bohn

Sent from my iPhone