[Tweeters] Sage Sparrow Arrival Kittitas County

Scott Downes downess at charter.net
Sun Feb 24 16:06:43 PST 2013

Walter Szeliga commented about Sage Sparrow arrival in eastern Kittitas County. Here are my first arrival dates for five of the last six years on the Vantage Hwy. I was unfortunately not able to get out there last weekend: Generally these dates were of multiple males singing and my observation window fell on the weekend, so the actual arrival date likely was 2-3 (or more) days earlier. Thus it can be assumed that typical arrival of this species to Kittitas County is about February 10-15th.

2012: February 18th
2011: February 13th
2010: February 13th
2009: February 14th