[Tweeters] Larsen Lake Common Redpolls (LHG-Bellevue)

Pterodroma at aol.com Pterodroma at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 09:48:59 PST 2013

8-10 Common Redpolls at 0800hrs this morning very quietly feeding in the
favored 10-tree white-barked birch cluster at the trail forks, SE side
Larsen Lake (Lake Hills Greenbelt, Bellevue), 50 feet west of the backside
parking area, Bellevue Boys & Girls Club Teen Center, 15228 Lake Hills Blvd, but
unfortunately were gone 35 minutes later when I finished my lap around
Larsen Lake. The encore showing this morning was the first significant
showing since Monday (18Feb) and before that, 15Feb. So, at least some Common
Redpolls are still in the area but lucking into them seems to be a really
hit or miss proposition any more. Still worth a quick check just for all of
the few seconds needed if you just happen to be in the area on an errand or
something.

Richard Rowlett
Bellevue (Eastgate), WA