[Tweeters] Downtown SEA pigeon guillemots

Warren Clemans wumpusbear at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 14:29:12 PST 2013

Not sure if it warrants a mention, but there were two Pigeon Guillemots
about 20 yards off Pier 62 in downtown Seattle this afternoon. There was
also a big flock of Surf Scoters--maybe 200 birds in all. I think there
was a black scoter as well, but it was a ways offshore and the wind was
blowing so hard that I couldn't keep my binocs steady enough to tell for
sure. I saw 2 or 3 more guillemots as I walked north from Pier 62 toward
the sculpture park. It made for a nice lunch break.

Warren
Seattle