[Tweeters] Western Screech Owl - Kalama, WA

Hills of Kalama - A & S Hill 60stops2home at kalama.com
Wed Feb 20 00:01:53 PST 2013

Tuesday evening around 8:30, I heard the very distinct call of a WESTERN
SCREECH OWL coming from the dense Douglas Firs on our property. I realize
this is a rare bird for this county. I have included a link to someone
else's recording here:
http://www.owlpages.com/sounds/Megascops-kennicottii-2.mp3 The owl I heard
calling sounded nearly identical to the one in this recording. The only
thing different was the cadence. "My" owl was did not pause as often as the
one in the recording, but it was still the same sound.

Your thoughts?

Amy Hill

Kalama, WA

Cowlitz County