[Tweeters] New Bald Eagle nest

amy schillinger schillingera at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 18:32:01 PST 2013

I noticed a few months ago that the Bald Eagles that nest above the Maplewood golf course begun building a new nest on the south side of SR-169 (Renton-Maple Valley highway). It is now complete and I think that I observed an adult in the nest today while driving by. I am assuming that the nest on the hillside that they've used for years either fell down or is undesirable. I'll have to check it out the next time I golf there. The new nest is right along the river next to a condo development. Lucky residents!
Amy SchillingerRenton, WAschillingera at hotmail.com