[Tweeters] Horned Lark Subspecies in Okanogan Co. & Waterville Plateau

Tyler Hicks uplandsandpiper at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 19 15:27:06 PST 2013

Vince,

The Horned Lark subspecies at JBLM is the Streak Horned Lark (Eremophila alpestris strigata). This taxon is currently proposed for listing under the Endangered Species Act. You can read more (http://www.fws.gov/wafwo/TCB_SHLcrithab.html). Proposed critical habitat for this species can be found on JBLM but there are several other sites where the species can be more readily observed. I know that in Oregon I regularly encounter the species at Baskett Slough NWR just west of Salem, Oregon.

Cheers,

Tyler L Hicks
Conservation Biology Lab
Washington State University - Vancouver

E-mail: uplandsandpiper at hotmail.com
Website: www.thingswithwings.org

"Back off man, I'm a scientist!" - Bill Murray, Ghostbusters