[Tweeters] Sikes Lake raptors

D. Lewis debsstuff at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 09:38:52 PST 2013

Good  morning

We drove by Sikes Lakes late yesterday.  The Golden is still there along with the usual bald eagles and red-tails.  But yesterday they had a new neighbor  - we saw a peregrine falcon.  It was sitting on top of a tree behind the small pond that is next to the house along the river.  The tree is a fairly good distance from the road and not easy to see but the photo I took clearly shows a peregrine.

The farmers are starting to work in the fields so as long as the weather is fairly good the birds may be a little spooked.  Watching from a distance may be a good idea if we want to keep the birds around.

Enjoy your day

D. Lewis

North Bend, WA

debsstuffatcomcast dot net