[Tweeters] RE: goslings in mid-Feb? Canada Goose

dalonso dalonso at u.washington.edu
Sun Feb 17 11:24:51 PST 2013

In my previous post I commented on goslings out at Alki in Seattle on Feb 17th. I was uncertain about Canada vs Cackling, and a couple people have commented (kindly) that based on the bill they are almost certainly Canada Geese. I originally went back and forth. They were on the small side and slight of build, but not as obviously tiny as the minima. The other obvious reason that they are probably Canada is that they are breeding here. Duh!

Darwin O.V. Alonso
dalonso at u.washington.edu
Dept. Biochem. J558-HSB
University of Washington