[Tweeters] First winter Glaucous Gull east of KGY radio, Olympia

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 16 17:31:38 PST 2013

If all birds were as difficult to identify as gulls, I don't think many
people would like birding. I probably wouldn't. But, still, I'm trying to
get better with recognizing gulls. So, I'll hazard a risky statement about
this first winter Glaucous Gull that was passing the time with
Glaucous-winged Gulls on the sand east of KGY radio this afternoon. I took
some distant pictures, possibly good enough to establish that I'm mistaken:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29002564@N08/8479713709/in/photostream

Kelly McAllister

Olympia