[Tweeters] Shorebird celebration at Port Susan Snow Goose Festival in Stanwood.

Gary Slater glslater at ecoinst.org
Sat Feb 16 14:56:46 PST 2013

Just a quick reminder for folk to consider attending the shorebird
celebration on Feb 23rd at the Snow Goose festival, which will recognize the
designation of the Skagit/Stillaguamish Delta as Site of Regional importance
to shorebirds. We have put together an exciting program with great food and
beverages included. Renowned shorebird biologists are coming from Maine and
Vancouver, BC to talk about shorebird conservation and the importance of our
local shorebirds. There is a catered menu that includes a glass of wine or
beer. You can get more information and register on the Snow goose festival
website (www.snowgoosefest.org/wshrn_celebration.html). Sign up soon.
Tickets are limited.

Here is the program schedule:

4:30-5:50 Social mixer - Catered menu, complementary drink, art show, meet
the speakers

5:50-6:00 Please be seated

6:00-6:50

Welcome and Opening Remarks, Ruth Milner, WDFW

Conserving Shorebirds at a Grand Scale, Dr. Charles Duncan, WSHRN

Special Recognition of Our Partners, Bob Everitt, WDFW

Sign Unveiling

6:50-7:10 Coffee and Dessert

7:10-8:00 Birds on the Wind, Dr. Rob Butler, Pacific Wildlife Foundation

Gary Slater, Executive Director

Ecostudies Institute

PO Box 703, Mount Vernon, WA 98273

305-213-8829