[Tweeters] Cooper's vs. Sharp-shinned...Bud Anderson's reply

Hank Karen karenhank at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 12 13:26:49 PST 2013

Here is Bud Anderson's reply to my question (shared with his permission):

This is an adult Cooper's Hawk. You can tell by the black cap that does NOT extend down the nape (back of neck) like an adult Sharp-shin does. In adult Cooper's Hawks this is usually easily seen and a simple and clear identifying field mark.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/8469089152/

I am still interested in re-obtaining that e-mail that I lost when Yahoo and my iPad had an ultimate fight with my being the loser.

Thanks to all for the replies to my query.

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA
karenhankatyahoodotcom