[Tweeters] Re: Snowy Owls and people at Damon Point

Susan Littlefield susan.littlefield at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 12:45:35 PST 2013

I agree, it's not the birders, it's the straight-up photographers who cause
the issues. I saw the dogs out running last year as well and it ticked me
off. I wish there were a way for local park officials to declare the area
"off limits" to off-path humans and other animals for the duration of the
Snowies' stay. Last year, of course, it was a new thing, and they weren't
prepared, but this year we all know better, and if it ends up being an
annual thing for a while, some kind of structure ought to be set in place
to protect our wonderful birds!

Best,
Susan Littlefield
Renton WA