FW: [Tweeters] RFI: Birding the Galapagos

aceros at mindspring.com aceros at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 11 16:20:46 PST 2013

My wife and I did a three part trp to Ecuador with Wilderness Travel in July 2009 (Amazon basin, Ecuadorian Highlands above Quito, and ending it with an 8 day trip to "Las Islas"). Each leg of our trip we booked separately to suit our needs and interests. The last 8 days was spent on a 216 foot, 3-masted Barquentine. This was actually offered as 2 separate mini-trips......the first 4 days being to the eastern islands and the 2nd part of the trip traveled to the western Islands (Isabela & Fernandina). There were perhaps 6-8 other passengers with us during each leg ( mid-way, there was some change in fellow travlers in Puerto Aroya (on Santa Cruz)). If you want more specifics, e-mail me privately I will send you my notes. One regret was not getting all the way north to Genovesa (aka: Tower Island, to see the Red-footed boobies. I was there in 1987, but today, not many tour companys make the long journey north)

http://www.wildernesstravel.com/trips/ecuador

Eric Kowalczyk
Seattle