[Tweeters] Common Raven at Camp Long

Joan Miller jemskink at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 17:53:15 PST 2013

Hi all,

I was excited to see the report of Common Ravens at Lincoln Park, because there's at least one at Camp Long also. This past week I had been hearing what I thought sounded like a raven, but then I thought it must just be a crow with an extra raspy voice! But today I was out in my yard next door to the park, and heard some crows fussing, and heard the raven sound again. I couldn't see the bird making the sound, so I went back to my yard work. Later I heard the raven call again and finally saw the lone birding soaring. I ran inside to get my bins and sure enough, there was the wedge tail! This the first time in five years that I've heard a raven here. Very cool!

Joan Miller
West Seattle
jemskink at yahoo dot com