[Tweeters] Gyrfalcon - Samish Flats

Jane Hadley jhadle at clearwire.net
Sat Feb 9 20:40:23 PST 2013

My husband, Randy Robinson, and I had a wonderful day checking out the
raptors on the Skagit and Samish flats today (Saturday Feb 9).

We were very pleased to see a Gyrfalcon sitting on a post in a field
just to the west of the Bayview-Edison Road between D'Arcy Road and
Sullivan Road -- closer to D'Arcy. This was a little before 5 pm.

(Thanks to the birder we ran into at West 90 who told us about seeing
the bird in this area!)

We earlier dipped on the Gyrfalcon on Dry Slough Road.

Unfortunately, we found a dead Short-eared Owl along Bayview Edison Road
near where we saw the Gyr and will deliver the carcass to the Burke.

Jane Hadley
Seattle, WA