[Tweeters] Edmonds cross-bills and hooded mergansers 2-8-13

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 8 17:38:38 PST 2013

Friday (2/8) around 1:00pm I photographed some red crossbills in the pine trees to the east of the bathrooms at Brackett's Landing in Edmonds.   The pine trees are between the building housing the bathrooms and the railroad tracks.

I have no idea how large the flock was.  It seemed as though I heard more birds than the 2-3 I actually saw.

There have been at least two pairs of hooded mergansers hanging out at the retention pond at the end of the Pt. Edwards walkway for the past two days

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA