[Tweeters] Passing of Alden Mason

barry levineb at fastmail.fm
Wed Feb 6 08:49:07 PST 2013

Tweeters,
For those of you who knew Alden Mason I'm sorry to say, that he passed
on this morning at 7 o'clock. Alden was a birder all his life. He was
very well known as a painter and teacher as well. His paintings almost
always had a spirit bird in them.
Last night was the last time I got to see Alden and as would probably
would have been his wish, there were hundreds of crows filling the sky
on their voyage to their roosts. After they had left a Red-tail circled
over Ballard and disappeared. My sense was that Alden was going with
them.
There is no information as of yet about arrangements. Feel free to
contact me if you want to know more.
--
barry levine
Seattle