[Tweeters] Birding on Kauai

apapane at comcast.net apapane at comcast.net
Mon Feb 4 20:41:30 PST 2013

The 7th edition of "Hawaii's Birds" by Hawaii Audubon Society, dist ributed by Island Heritage Publishing,
ISBN3 1-889708-00-3 is a first-purchase guide book.
"Popular Birding Sites on the Island of Kaua'i", page 134, lists the recommended viewing sites at each of
the five distinctive habitats, i.e., Marine Birds, Wetland Birds, Forest Birds, Open Country Birds, and Urban Birds.I was on the island in December-January and observed a noticeable decline in many species. My favorite
places are the Kilauea Point National Wildlife Refuge, Hanalei NWR. and Koke'e State Park.

Louise B. Wenberg Luce
apapane at comcast.net