[Tweeters] Snohomish County Snowy Owl, Rust Blackbird, EU Wigeon

Rick Taylor taylorrl at mindspring.com
Sun Feb 3 21:29:26 PST 2013

Tweeters,

Tina and I took our 9 year old grandson out birding again today. He wanted
to "add some lifers to his list". We found the RUSTY BLACKBIRD with the
Brewer's Blackbird flock on the wires at the intersection of WA-530 and 7th
Ave. The grandson counted 27 Bald Eagles on a cow carcass on one of the
farms there. On Norman Road, we found a big flock of American Wigeon. We
were able to see 6 male EURASIAN WIGEON and add them to the boy's list.

>From the entrance to the Port Susan Bay TNC Reserve, we were able to see 1

SNOWY OWL in the driftwood. There have been 3-4 Snowy Owls there all
winter.

Good Birding!

Rick

Rick Taylor