[Tweeters] Gray's Harbor/Pacific County birds

Jeffrey Bryant jbryant_68 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 3 09:39:24 PST 2013

Just a coupla goodies found Friday en route to the Saturday Westport Seabirds trip:
COMMON TEAL:  Brady Loop Road.  On the far eastern part of the loop, near the intersection with dead-end Willis Road.  With small group of Green-winged Teal and Northern Pintail in the smallest of the three “ponds” there.
GLAUCOUS GULL:  Tokeland Marina.  A very pale 1st-winter bird loafing on the pier in the center of the marina with 300+ Western Gulls.  Would have tried to make it an Iceland Gull had it not towered above its Western cousins.  Also a darker bird in the Westport marina, observed from the boat.
Also from Tokeland marina, a distant look at what I’m reasonably sure was Clark’s Grebe, perhaps the same one that was there (much closer!) in late October.
Thanks to the Monte Carlo crew for my first WA state Laysan Albatross!

Jeff Bryant
Seattle
Jbryant_68 at yahoo.com