[Tweeters] Redheads at Weyerhaeuser headquarters

Kelly McAllister mcallisters4 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 23:26:48 PST 2013

I counted 31 Redheads at Weyerhaeuser headquarters pond today, in Federal
Way. Also, Double-crested Cormorants, American Wigeon, Mallards, Gadwall,
Scaup, Bufflehead, Ruddy Duck, Hooded Merganser, Pied-billed Grebe, Canada
and Cackling Geese, and Killdeer.

The Weyerhaeuser property is large considering the surrounding urban crush.
It's got a nice mix of wetlands, ponds, forest, open grass expanses and
trails. There's no access fee, something I appreciate more and more as
virtually all federal and state lands come under fee access programs. Until
today, I didn't realize what a nice natural area was there at corporate
headquarters.

Kelly McAllister

Olympia