[Tweeters] BC White wing crossbills

Janeanne Houston janeannesoprano at comcast.net
Fri Feb 1 21:48:15 PST 2013

Thanks for posting, Penny, and for finding the Crossbills! We had almost
given up, as they weren't there when we went by the Sitka Spruces the first
time. Thank you for pointing them out to us! Sorry you missed the
Bluetail. Mark Ahlness and I saw it, as you say, around 11:30 with a few
others from Seattle and some BC birders. For those who haven't been there
yet, a man from the area pointed out that the Bluetail tends to move in a
circle around the picnic area. When we got there in the foggy foggy
morning, there were Varied Thrushes singing in the area where we saw it
first. Beautiful!

Janeanne Houston
West Seattle
janeannesopranoatcomast.net