[Tweeters] Possible Long-billed Murrelet, Ediz Hook

Guy lguy_Mcw at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 29 21:49:27 PST 2013

Hey tweets,

> I was at Ediz Hook, Port Angeles, this morning, trying for Ancient murrelet.

> Found a group of 5 Murreletts, 4 clearly Marbled.

> Fifth was noticeably larger, had more black on It's head, appeared longer necked.

> Was way out by the outer-most of 2 red-hulled ship, so was tough seeing Details even at 60x.

> Really got me looking, but I was not 100% sure.

I was scoping from near the Coast Guard station.
Upon review of my notes/memory and checking references, I am getting more confident about this being a Long-billed.
So, if anyone is out there chasing the Thick-billed Murre, scan thru to crowds of Marbled Murrelets for this guy ..
( for the CBC we counted at least 40-50 Marbleds in the harbor)

Good luck!

Ps. I Saw the Sequim Harris's Sparrow this morning, but dipped on the Gardiner Emperor Goose ...

Guy McWethy
Renton, WA
Lguy_mcw at yaho