[Tweeters] Murmuration

Pamela Myers pamelapiwo6813 at aol.com
Fri Dec 27 08:58:59 PST 2013

About 4:00 yesterday afternoon, I watched a murmuration of STARLINGS in Marysville, WA for nearly 30 minutes. It started with a flock of probably 50 birds, but smaller groups kept coming and joining in until their must have been 600+ birds. Except on video, I've never seen this magical phemomenon. To use a hackneyed adjective, it was absolutely awesome. What are they doing? It seems that scientists really don't know. Looked to me like they were just having fun!

Pam Myers
Santa Cruz, CA