[Tweeters] Christmas Day at Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge

Darlene Sybert drsybert at northtown.org
Thu Dec 26 23:19:02 PST 2013

My son and I took advantage of the good weather to visit the refuge for
the first time in the afternoon and were impressed with the number of
species we saw, including huge flocks of Canadian geese, many coots and
swans, several Great Blue Herons, some wigeons, mallards, buffleheads,
pintails, an egret, a kestral, and an eagle. But perhaps most
surprising and appreciated were the five muskrats we saw at various
points on the tour...an animal that neither of us had seen in the wild
previously.

Darlene Sybert
Cinebar