[Tweeters] No Emperor Goose, Ancient Murrelet & Cassin's Auklet Discovery Bay

John Gatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 17:53:43 PST 2013

I did not see the EMPEROR GOOSE today and there was only one flock of
CANADA GEESE (11) birds that flew over the lagoon. There were none in the
fields.

Jacob Socolar joined me in scoping Discovery Bay from my yard. He found
the CASSIN'S AUKLET I have been seeing. There was also an ANCIENT MURRELET
nearby.

I was able to get my spotting scope on an adult BALD EAGLE flying across
the bay with a duck in it's talons. It was a first year female SURF
SCOTER..

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner, WA