[Tweeters] Emperor Goose in Gardiner today

John Gatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 19:05:57 PST 2013

I saw the EMPEROR GOOSE reported by Tina Klein-Lebbink in Gardiner this
afternoon. The bird was in a field bordered by Daisey King Road and
Gardiner Beach Road, The bird was in a group of Canada Geese and sometimes
hidden in low points in the field. At 4:30 pm it was easy to see along
Gardiner Beach Road .1 miles west of the Castle.

I am still wondering how I have missed seeing this bird as I track the
Canada Goose flocks on a regular basis looking for smaller geese.

This morning at Pacific Northwest National Laboratory at the mouth of
Sequim Bay 52 Long-tailed Duck were on the water. There were 24 Harlequin
Duck in this same spot. I have never seen that many Long-tailed and
Harlequin grouped in a species flock.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner, WA