[Tweeters] Also saw good pod of Orca on Vashon trip

Ed Swan edswan at centurytel.net
Wed Dec 18 18:12:46 PST 2013

I forgot to add a really incredible sight. After we saw the Yellow-billed
Loon and were looking generally NE across East Passage toward West Seattle
and Burien, Etta Cosey said, "I think I saw a whale?" We took a look and
half a dozen to a dozen very large Orca were diving and spouting over on the
other side of the channel. Their spray was visible even to the naked eye
they were so active. Some participants saw them leap clear out of the
water. The dorsal fins on some of these whales were really impressive.

I think Elston Hill got some photos of both the Orca and Yellow-billed Loon
but I haven't had a chance to take a look at them yet.

Ed

Ed Swan

Check out the new The Birds of Vashon Island at www.theswancompany.com
<http://www.theswancompany.com> .