[Tweeters] Thick-billed Murre update and Bald Eagle in the water.

John Gatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 20:26:54 PST 2013

Anyone wishing to look for the Thick-billed Murre from my yard should
contact me first at my home phone (360) 797-0094 or via my cell phone at
(503) 781-5043. Parking is limited to along the county road and that is a
narrow road. We do not have a drive or parking area on our lot other than
natural lawn. We limit driving on the lawn to lessen mud.

A BALD EAGLE ended up floating on Discovery Bay this morning. It was not
going after a fish or duck. I believe it was having a disagreement with
another Eagle and in their air battle one of the eagles got too close to
the water and landed in the drink. The other adult BALD EAGLE continued to
circle over the downed bird for about a minute and then flew to a distant
resting area in a large Douglas Fir.

The downed bird continued to rest on the water not moving for about two
minutes. Then suddenly it lifted off the water and flew away in the
opposite direction from the other eagle.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner, WA