[Tweeters] The scrub jays have reached Shelton

Jason Hernandez jason.hernandez74 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 16 19:50:09 PST 2013

It was many years ago I was surprised to see scrub jays around Olympia.  I was told then that they were expanding their range north along the I-5 corridor.  But as of this year, for the first time, I have been seeing them in downtown Shelton, not on the I-5 corridor.  They are still rare in Shelton, but they were in more built-up areas than the Steller's jay usually goes, so they may not need to compete.

Jason Hernandez