[Tweeters] Possible Thick-billed Murre Gardiner Beach

Jfgatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 19:09:37 PST 2013

Today from Gardiner Beach I saw a murre with a dark head and white throat. It was at to great a distance to call it a THICK-BILLED MURRE. I had an appointment in Sequim and so did not have time to scope it from my yard.

From the boat ramp I watched two loudly calling PEREGRINE FALCON chase an adult BALD EAGLE. They dove on the eagle from above loudly calling. The eagle was flying like a bomber and the falcon flew like jet fighters trying to machine gun as they swooped past.

It was a warm sunny day with over 50 species total from my yard and the beach.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner, WA

Sent from my iPhone