[Tweeters] West Seattle SAS Field Trip Dec. 14

Paul Webster paul.webster at comcast.net
Sun Dec 15 12:06:33 PST 2013

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday (December 14) Barbara and I were joined by seven stalwarts for a
Seattle Audubon field trip to the West Seattle waterfront. We had temps in
the 40s, with a chilly wind south of Alki Point -- and no rain! We started
at Jack Block Park, then moved on to the Don Armeni Boat Launch, Duwamish
Head, and two stops along Alki Blvd before a coffee stop at Starbucks. Then
we continued south of the Alki Point Lighthouse to Constellation Park and
Me-Kwa-Mooks. At this point a couple of our participants had to leave, but
the rest of the group made one final stop on the Duwamish River at Herring
House Park.

All told we saw 43 species. Highlights were large-groups of Barrow's
Goldeneyes and Western Grebes. We had unexpectedly good views of 2 Black
Turnstones and 40 Surfbirds on the rocks 1/2 mile sw of Duwamish Head. And
3 White-winged Scoters obligingly showed up at Constellation Park.

Good birding!

Paul Webster AT comcast.net