[Tweeters] Re: swans at Union Bay

Robert Cleland cleland at u.washington.edu
Sat Dec 14 20:46:20 PST 2013

When I visited the Union Bay preserve at 1:15 PM today I was
surprised to see 13 Trumpeter Swans in the bay just to the east. That is
the most swans I've seen there in years. They were reasonably close to
shore. After about 15 minutes the flock departed to the East - 9 going
around Windemere Point, while the other three climbed and headed straight
over the ridge. I assume they were heading for Juanita Bay. A lovely
sight.

Robert Cleland

Professor (Emeritus), Biology Dept. Box 355325
Univ. of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-5325
Phone (206) 543-6105; FAX (206) 685-1728