[Tweeters] Trapping Eastern Gray Squirrels

Deborah West olyclarinet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 11:18:57 PST 2013

Yesterday there was a post which included this, about which I have a question:

With much great success, I aggressively campaign to keep my
Bellevue-Eastgate yard and the neighborhood south of I-90 Gray Squirrel free, usually an
effort that has to be repeated every 3-5 years. Soon after the Gray's have
been eliminated (have-a-hart live trapped), 5 here in 48 hours just
recently, the Douglas return, repopulate, and are a great joy to have around,
...and no Eastern Gray Squirrels have been detected around here now for three
weeks!

Having trapped the squirrels, what do you do with them which both does not transfer the nuisance, for people, to another neighborhood, or cause problems for other Douglas Squirrel populations?

I am waiting for the day when there is squirrel food which contains a birth control agent!

Deborah West
Olympia
olyclarinetatgmaildotcom