[Tweeters] Lynnwood Red-naped Sapsucker

Gudalewicz Dasha dasha at gudalewicz.com
Fri Dec 13 10:04:06 PST 2013

Thank you Matt! I can see Grace's report on hybrid now.

I reported Red-naped (not hybrid) to eBird but can't see it confirmed. (Anne, I also noted in my report that it was a private property). There're 5 unconfirmed reports though.

Could anybody please point out what makes this bird a hybrid? Not so good photos here:
http://ololaiki.smugmug.com/Birds/Woodpeckers/Red-naped-Sapsucker-2013/35343199_xtR6Hq#!i=2965636083&k=T6bMcdJ

Dasha Gudalewicz
Sammamish, WA

On Dec 13, 2013, at 9:55 AM, Ann Wood <annmariewood at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi Matt:

> Only 2 of the 8 birders who saw and photographed a RNSA in this location on 12/11/13 are ebirders.

> Josh Adams & Ann Marie Wood both posted the sighting to Ebird but were careful to note that it was seen on private property with permission of the owners.

> The owners posted it to Tweeters after consulting with several experienced local birders.

> After submitting the photos taken by Carol Riddell to a friend on the Records Committee we were pretty convinced of the identification.

> Ann Marie

> Sent from my iPhone

>> On Dec 13, 2013, at 9:39 AM, Matt Bartels <mattxyz at earthlink.net> wrote:

>> Hi Dasha -

>> If you look under 'hybrid Red-naped x Red-breasted' you'll find at least one listing for this sighting.

>> Matt Bartels

>> Seattle, WA

>>> Subject: [Tweeters] Lynnwood Red-naped Sapsucker