[Tweeters] Alcid Day, Sequim.

bruce paige BBPaige at nikola.com
Thu Dec 12 15:04:55 PST 2013

After a long walk through the farmlands in the morning, I headed to John Wayne Marine for a bit in the afternoon, piqued by John Gachett's recent sightings of Ancient Murrelets, since I need them for the year.

Scoping from the raised lawn on the west side of the marina, I couldn't find an Ancient, but there were at least 36 Marbled Murrelets, almost all paired. This compares to 2-4 that I usually count at that spot. There were also the usual couple of dozen PGs, 3 Common Murres, and to top it off, a single Cassin's Auklet. Not a bad Alcid count for the area. I wonder if the cold snap had anything to do with it?

Bruce Paige
Sequim

spruceak at yahoo.com