[Tweeters] 49 (plus 1?) Raptors Along the Way Home

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Thu Dec 12 08:00:15 PST 2013

Returning from Clarkston yesterday, I tried to
keep track of all of the raptors seen. I hoped for
a Northern Hawk Owl - but no such luck. But there
were lots of raptors along the way. I counted 49
in all and am sure I missed others. The count
included 12 American Kestrels, 3 Northern
Harriers, 1 Golden Eagle, 1 American Bald Eagle, 1
Cooper’s Hawk, 9 Rough Legged Hawks and 22 Red
Tailed Hawks (3 dark phase). Add in one possible
Peregrine Falcon on a lamp post on I-90 not far
from Snoqualmie but not a real good look. Good
companions on a very long drive home.

--
Blair Bernson
Edmonds