[Tweeters] Hummingbird eating from hand held feeder at Lake Joy

Hank Heiberg hank.heiberg at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 11 09:14:47 PST 2013

This past summer a Rufous Hummingbird drank from the stream of water from a hose that I was using to water a bush.  During the recent cold spell I have been taking the hummingbird feeders in for a few minutes to warm the fluid enough so that it is not solid.  In the last few days when I went to re-hang the feeder an Anna's Hummingbird has landed on the feeder as soon as I extend it out the window.  So this morning I took a video of an Anna's feeding while Karen held the feeder.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/11326113324/

Hank Heiberg
Lake Joy
Carnation, WA