[Tweeters] Swamp Sparrow on Mounts Rd and Harris Sparrow at Morken Center PLU continue.

Shep Thorp sthorp at theaec.com
Tue Dec 10 21:04:08 PST 2013

Hi Tweets,

today I relocated the Swamp Sparrow on Mounts Rd (Exit 116 just north of
Nisqually) on my way home from Nisqually. Just north of the turnaround at
the end of the road next to the Tribe Site marsh, on the west side of the
road next to the power pole, I had great looks of this previously reported
species. It looks similar to a Lincoln's Sparrow, but with a dark bill,
white throat, gray breast and more intense rufous tones on the scapulars
and tail.

Yesterday I relocated the Harris Sparrow near the Morken Center of Pacific
Lutheran University. It was feeding below the feeders just east of
Garfield Street S and 12 Ave S, just north of the parking lot. Beautiful
buffy head with yellow bill, black forehead and chin, black tie on a white
breast.

Very fun to have these two birds so easy to observe, thanks for the reports!

--
Shep Thorp
sthorp at theaec.com
mobile: 253-370-3742