[Tweeters] Snowy Owl and YR Warbler

Mike & MerryLynn m.denny at charter.net
Mon Dec 9 15:53:48 PST 2013

Hello all,
Just reported on LCBirds - a Snowy Owl back in Benton County near 9 Canyon Rd. Third year there - must be good eating. We have the same habitat in Walla Walla County - wind turbines and all but have yet to find a Snowy!

After this very cold spell I was sure our Yrumps would be gone but just walked down the alley and spished and out popped a Yrump - now if it will do that on Sat. for the CBC.

Nice raptors SE of Walla Walla yesterday - Kestrels, Merlins, Prairie Falcon, Cooper's, Red-taileds and Rough-Legged Hawks. And 2 Bald Eagles on deer carcasses. Couple of Great Horned Owls as well.

Mike emailed from Pullman at work - stopped this morning on his way in Clarkston and Mike Clarke had the Lesser Black-backed Gull in the scope - that was easy. It is not as dark as the one we had below Ice Harbor Dam on Sat.

Later, ML