[Tweeters] Found Varied Thrush (Sportsman Club Kalama)

NIKKI sailorgirlinconecticut at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 14:42:50 PST 2013

Sportsman Club Kalama
3- Varied Thrush
1- Downy Woodpecker
1- Red Tailed Hawk
2 Song Sparrow
Heard ONE Chickadee
2- Western Scrub Jays
4 Common Merganser
2- Goldeneye (white eye stripe was smaller and lower set)
3 Mallards
1- Unknown bird- sandpiper like, but didn't get even a good look at it- I spooked it as I saw it.
2- Gulls (suspect Western but not going to try to confirm the ID)

Lake Sacajawea, Longview (some of these counts are all around the lake) and I just drove around it minus martins dock- I got out because the mergansers and the cormorants caught my attention
17 Double Crested Cormorants, all hanging around together.
35 Mallards
75 Buffleheads
45 American Wigeons
2 Chickadee
15 Gulls (again unless they are obvious species I can't ID them)
7 Common Mergansers

Pond near the Talley Way exit, Drove up some and parked in a little turn out- poor car didn't realize how far the dip was until I was down oops.
14- Hooded Mergansers
75 American Wigoens
20 Ring Billed Ducks

Nikki Perkins