[Tweeters] A Hummingbird Thank You

Diane W diane_weinstein at msn.com
Sat Dec 7 19:14:26 PST 2013

This morning I got up at the crack of dawn to put out the hummingbird feeders. The window thermometer said 10 degrees.

When it is cold, I keep one feeder under the front porch light for warmth. A second one is placed at the back of the house and hung over a small plastic hanging basket filled with Christmas tree lights. This usually keeps the feeders from freezing up during the day.

After putting out the hummingbird feeders, I went back out with seed and hot water for the other birds. As I left the house, one my Anna’s hummingbirds softly and gently buzzed my ear. I take this to be a hummingbird thank you!

Diane Weinstein
Issaquah