[Tweeters] Speaking of scopes...

Mechejmch mechejmch at aol.com
Sat Dec 7 12:52:37 PST 2013

Could I please get your suggestions for the best scope for the "best price".
Also, I already have a tripod for the camera - do scopes need their own
"special" tripod ?

IMHO, and probably because I have one and have field tested it completely, I highly recommend the Vortex Skyline 80 as a contender for the "best price" category.
It delivers sharp, bright images and is ideal for digiscoping. I have individual quick-release plates for camera and scope so the switch is easy using one tripod, should I choose to go that route. Normally, the scope stays on the tripod.
I also have an adapter for digiscoping, even though I rarely use it. Hand-holding my small camera works just fine and allows more freedom of movement.

Vortex: best bang for the buck!

Joe Meche
Bellingham