[Tweeters] Re: Is your scope insured?

Scott R a y mryakima at gmail.com
Sat Dec 7 12:31:22 PST 2013

Remember, especially if a loss occurs in a foreign country, to make a
theft report with the local police before returning home to make a
claim in the US. The night before leaving after a two week birding
trip to Venezuela in the 1990s our car was broken into while parked in
the "secure" parking garage of the hotel. All of our travel bags were
stolen. Fortunately, we had our optics in the hotel with us.

We made a detailed report at local police station (Maiquetía) which we
then presented to our insurance company who paid without question.

Scott Ray

Yakima, WA
mryakima at gmail dot com