[Tweeters] Speaking of scopes...

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Sat Dec 7 12:12:48 PST 2013

...tis the Season. Finally thinking about purchasing a scope - have I gotten by this long without one? I've always met generous birders willing to let us peek thru theirs, but think it's about time to ante up for one of our own. (until hubby sees the pricetag that is!! :)

Could I please get your suggestions for the best scope for the "best price". Also, I already have a tripod for the camera - do scopes need their own "special" tripod ?

And then - would I be able to "digiscope" with a Nikon camera? Would that mean I would need a Nikon scope?

Any and all suggestions would be most appreciated.

Stay warm birds and birders!!

Caryn / Wedgwood

Thanks for the info regarding insuring the scope! Maybe that will be hubby's stocking stuffer!! :)