[Tweeters] Sandhill Crane still at Mt. Si as of 1:30 p.m. 12/6/13

Hank Heiberg hank.heiberg at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 6 17:28:04 PST 2013

Paula Crockett joined Karen and me in a successful trip to see the Sandhill Crane at Mt. Si golf course in Snoqualmie.  Thanks to Pete Fahey for his post and to John Tubbs for his subsequent post.  The directions were excellent.  It was very cold as the wind was blowing fairly hard, but we didn't have to be exposed for very long.  We drove east past the main gate of the golf course and pulled left in front of the maintenance gate facing Mt. Si.  The crane was foraging in the grass in front of us, but fairly far away.

Photo:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/11244373483/

Video:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ljcouple/11244580866/